Minutes from Prior PTC Meeting
Jennifer Molitor, Josh Mueller, Nicole Boyles, Elizabeth Soucoup, Shannon Heinzelman, Jenny Olson, Melanie Anderson, Scott Sanborn, Hillary Slama
Teacher’s Report: Melanie Anderson
Principal’s Report: Jennifer Molitor
- Just finished I love to read month. Bingo and special fridays.
- kindness week was special and fun
- food drive – went to rock
- kind notes and random acts of kindness
- 4th grade is back from the backend museum
- Finished winter fast bridge assessments so have now done two.
- MCAs are coming up in April
- Cares breakfast is this Friday
- Still have a couple Wolf Ridge events for 5th graders.
- We are planning for Wolf Ridge next year. Cookie sales will begin soon.
- Choir concert for 4th and 5th graders last week. It was amazing!
- Kindergarten and 1st celebrated the 100th day of school!
Treasurer’s Report: Josh Mueller
- Current cash position is $26,436.83
- Projected end of year cash position based upon the budget $17,662
- Items to discuss:
o Hope Foundation (checking in to this), BizTown (not going), Field Trips (might plan kindergarten field trips), Kindness Retreat (not happening this year), Wolfridge (next year), Opera Residency (not this year)
Event Coordinators / Miscellaneous Projects: Britni Kesselring, Jenny Olson, Erica Bugenhagen, Hillary Slama, Sarah Kallberg
- Restaurant Nights
o McHugh’s – March 7 4-8pm 20% back to Glendale
o Noodles – March 23 4-8pm 20% back
o Leeann Chin April 19th 4-8 20% back
Glenmart: Nicole Boyles
- Open March 4th 2nd/3rd and March 18th 4th/5th
- Social worker request – can families who get ROCK food bags automatically receive a scholarship for snackcart?
- Trying to figure out the best way for morning distribution for classrooms.
DOGS: Scott Sanborn
- had to cancel winter blast
- Next meeting we will start push forLakefront Music Festival volunteers.
- Looking for donations for golf event tentatively August 4.
- Have the sign for the Gaga put but waiting on the door.
President / Vice President: Elizabeth Soucoup and Nicole Boyles
- Timberwolves Game – sold 63 tickets, no fundraiser this year
- Family Fun Event
- What is the best date to do this? Week night vs Saturday lunch?
- Raffle items – Hilary coordinating
- Food trucks – anyone have contacts? Britni Kesserling has contacts and will help with this.
- Bingo / Animal Walk / Kickball / other games – need help with someone to coordinate volunteers
- Yearbook – orders open through April 1st
- 167 ordered
- How many extras should we order to sell in the office? Last year we sold ~50
- Fliers went home with oldest/only last week
- Draft due March 1 – still waiting for a few teachers to complete
- Another social media push?
- 167 ordered
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week (May 2-6) – the Glendale staff is SUN-sational!
- Nicole helping with decorations
- Would still love help coordinating food items (Tropical Smoothie, pizza) – Britni Kesserling able to help
- Remaining spending priorities
- Indoor Mural … ~$9800
- Re-review in Spring
- 2 additional picnic tables … ~$1,800 (or less due to new contact at the distributor)
- Flexible seating updates
- Yard size games for recess: connect 4, golf ball, big jenga, giant checkers, etc
- Spring conferences. We can plan a potluck dinner for staff on the 14th.