Glendale PTC – Tuesday January 5, 2021
Attendee Introduction: Nicole Boyles, Scott Sanborn, Melanie Anderson, Elizabeth Soucoup, Britni Kesserling, Jennifer Olson, Josh Mueller, Shannon Heinzelman
Minutes from Prior PTC Meeting
Teacher’s Report: Melanie Anderson
-Super excited to get the kids back in school. K-2 will be coming first, then 3-5 will be coming February 1st.
-5th Graders were able to watch the Guthrie Theater online before break, 3rd grade wanted me to thank you for the doc cams, they are all used for every lesson.
Principal’s Report: Jennifer Molitor (not in attendance)
-Mrs. Bahr would like sleds and snow paint for gym class.
Treasurer’s Report: Josh Mueller
- Teacher Allocations – all have been paid outside of food services.
- Current cash is at around $22,000, forecast for end of the year if we have the Fun Run end of year cash will be around $22,500. We will have to hash this out closer to the end of the year depending on if we have the Fun Run or if the kids end up going on scheduled field trips, etc.
- Cleaned up the DOGS forecast, not a lot will be happening for the rest of the year and they’re sitting at around $5,400 right now and forecasted at $5,300 for the end of year after the sledding event.
- Had to purchase Quicken for accounting and have been reimbursed for it.
- Teacher headset / doc cameras
Event Coordinators: Britni Kesselring, Jenny Olson, Erica Bugenhagen
- Upcoming Restaurant fundraising nights
- El Parian: 1/21, 2/17, 3/19 – 25% back
- The Pointe frozen pizza fundraising event – hopefully late January, early February. It will be a sign up genius.
- Eileen’s – cookie dough fundraiser. 7 types of dough – $15 per pack, Glendale would get $6 for each pack sold. We could use order forms or a sign up genius. 2 week turn around.
- We should continue to ask people to post on FB when they go to these places.
DOGS: Scott Sanborn
-We did get some nice comments in regards to the gift cards that we added to the gift bags. That was really nice for the group members to be able to read those.
-It’s been so long since we have been able to get together or do anything for the school.
-I don’t know if we will be allowed to do the sledding party so that’s up in the air., we might be able to get more involved with something in the spring.
President / Vice President: Elizabeth Soucoup and Nicole Boyles
- The winners were chosen for the covers
- Remind teachers to add photos to shared Google drive
- Brainstorm ways to get pictures from parents of at home learning? Maybe a contest?
- The deadline to have the whole thing turned in is in April.
- Spring Fundraiser – Around the World theme – different locations with new dollar amount goals being reached
- Current program highlights – theme, prizes, etc.
- Determine fundraiser dates – late February-early March, or in April
- Goals – ways to spend money – picnic tables, outside learning, etc. We will get teacher input
- Bulletin Board updates
- It will be updated soon. Maybe Around the World theme. DOGS would also like to add a bulletin board.
- Programs on hold: Glenmart, Snack Cart
** Next PTC Meeting Scheduled for Tuesday, February 2nd