Glendale PTC Meeting Notes
Date: January 14, 2020 6:30 PM
Location of Meeting: Glendale Media Center
8 attendees: Angie Caputo, Josh Mueller, Angie Carrigan, Mrs. Metzger, Nicole Boyles, Jennifer Molitor, Elizabeth Soucoup, Shannon Heinzelman
Minutes Read from Prior PTC Mtg: Shannon Heinzelman
Teacher’s Report: Mrs. Anderson or Mrs. Metzger
A note from Tom Deris
Feel free to share the following at tomorrow’s PTC meeting. My understanding is PTC has put aside $300 to use for yearbook as needed. With the yearbook there are not a lot of costs involved outside of the stipend. However, this year they are charging a $50-$75 fee for coloring the custom cover which use to be free. Therefore, I would like to use that money towards that cost. I would like to use the remainder of the $300 to give each of the 5th grade teachers 3 yearbook ($18 x 3 yearbooks x 4 classrooms) for a total of $216. Each 5th grade teacher will then decide which students would most benefit from a yearbook, targeted at students who likely can’t afford one or don’t have the resources to buy one.
***** Open for discussion on additional yearbooks should be given to any grade across the board or just 5th grade. We’ll have an additional 12 yearbooks for those in need.
Principal’s Report: Mrs. Molitor
- Laker Leaders presented at the school board meeting last night. Eight students were there and they briefly told about what they were doing around the school. They also shared their cooperation video. Mrs. Manders has been working hard with them and they did a great job.
- Testing month again 2-5 doing MAP, tomorrow 2nd does COGAT testing. MAP will be wrapped up by the end of the month. COGAT is one day.
- Geography bee is tomorrow for 4th and 5th graders, we have 12 students participating.
- Next all school meeting is January 22 at 9:30.
- January 23 is early release ESTEM day.
- PTC will be at all school meeting on April 1st to discuss carnival.
- February 10-14 talking about kindness and service for the community. We have some things planned and will be kicking off next week at our staff meeting. Every Friday we will be doing a staff drawing – pride tickets or something for staff so they can write things about each other – recognizing one another. Prizes will be drawn for teachers. February 10-14 we are going to have the kids write kind notes on a kindness tree. Are there any PTC volunteer who would be willing to create a tree for us and cut out a bunch of hearts for each student to add to the tree?
- Thank you for the ESTEM night – I think it went incredibly well.
- One thing to keep in mind for next year – a request from Jess (the custodian) she has ideas of where she wants to put things. She would like to help plan next year with placement, etc.
Treasurer’s Report: Josh Mueller
- Teacher reimbursements are very low when compared to this time last year, only 11 have been paid.
- IXL payment, are we approving the increased cost? ~$3,000 versus $1,500 budgeted – we should cover the difference and budget accordingly for next year.
- Tax documents have been submitted.
- Around $30,000 in funds available to spend at End of Year. Do we want to reforecast Carnival income due to boundary changes and possible lower turnout? Currently we have $38-39,000 but that is for teacher allocations.
Box Tops/Labels for Education/Milk Moola: Amy Morrill
- I received over 400 physical Box Tops on Friday, which will bring in $40 for the school.
- Also, a reminder about using the Box Top app was sent to teachers.
Snack Cart: Lynn Sikkink
- Here’s the latest numbers from snack cart:
- Current balance: $14,505.70
- Regular enrollment: 373 students
- Scholarship donations: 26 donations (all different $ amounts- we left it open for their choice this year)
- Scholarships: 63 students
School Store: Nicole Boyles
- Next year, Katie Jaeb likely taking Glenmart cabinet with her to WW. Elizabeth’s husband said he could probably build us a new cabinet. (Can we ask DOGS to cover the cost?)
- Working on setting up a shopping day for 1st grade. I’ve spoken with Amanda Mitchell and she will bring up to the first grade team.
- Kindergarteners would also like to set a day for the kids come to look. They can make a wish list of things they’d like.
DOGS: Josh Keifer
- We will need a new head DOG, if nobody steps in to the position the DOGS will dissolve
- The DOGS sledding party will be Feb. 7th.
Event Coordinators: Angie Caputo, Angie Rolle, Jenn DuBore, Elizabeth Soucoup
- Code Ninjas has offered a “Parents Night Out” on 2/15, cost is $30.00 for 3.5hrs or $35.00 for 4 hrs, Glendale will get a kick back for that. They can take up for 50 kids. Dinner of Papa Johns and Smallcakes is included in the cost.
- Timberwolves sign up will go out after the break. Game is on March 1st.
- Spring Pictures are on February 26th.
- Teacher spring conf dinner planning – April
- Teacher Appreciation – May
President/Vice-President: Angie Carrigan and Elizabeth Soucoup
- Lia Quinn asking since she received a grant for this year “I love to Read” month author, can she rollover the allotted $500 for next year? We will be changing that to $1,000.
- Seeking a $2,000 approval for an additional water fountain to be installed in the lunchroom
- Estimated Costs:
- Water Cooler-$1527.85
- Water fountain was approved for the lunch room.
- Used $500 from the Hope Foundation for a Glendale Family in need
- Carnival planning is underway, looking for more potential committee members, Elizabeth will be sending a letter out to the teachers to send to families. There’s a meeting this week with Katie Church. Elizabeth Soucoup is taking over the silent auction.
Feb 7: DOGS Sledding Party
Feb 10: Davanni’s Family Night-2nd grade volunteer night
Feb. 11: PTC Meeting at Glendale 6:30 PM
Feb 26: Spring Pictures
March 9: PTC Meeting at Glendale 6:30 PM
March 9: Davanni’s Family Night-1st grade volunteer night
April 7: PTC Meeting at Glendale 6:30 PM
April 9: Teacher Conferences Dinner
April 13: Davanni’s Family Night-Kindergarten volunteer night
April 18: PTC Carnival 11:00-3:00 PM
May 4-8: Teacher Appreciation Week
May 11: All school Family Fun Night at Davanni’s
May 12: PTC Meeting at Glendale 6:30 PM
June 4: PTC Teacher Luncheon
PTC Meetings for 2020:
Tuesday, February 11
Monday, March 9
Tuesday, April 7
Tuesday, May 12