Glendale PTC Meeting Notes
Date: January 8, 2019 6:30 PM
Location of Meeting: Glendale Media Center
Attendance: Angie Carrigan, Angie Caputo, Jennifer Molitor, Melanie Anderson, Josh Kiefer, Kassandra Miller, Nicole Boyles, Elizabeth Soucoup, Lynn Sikkink, Josh Mueller
Minutes Review from 12/11/18: reviewed by Kassandra Miller
Teacher’s Report: Mrs. Anderson
- Everyone had a great holiday break and are getting back into their routines in the classrooms.
- Teachers were able to see Mr. Deris’ classroom with the flexible seating he has to get ideas for their own classrooms.
- Lia Quinn is asking for any prizes from the Valentine’s Day celebration for this year’s Kindness day with an I Love to Read tie in.
Principal’s Report: Mrs. Molitor
- Flexible seating has been discussed with teachers and options have been looked at.
- Review of expectations on buses was reviewed with students.
- Second grade testing is underway. It is online this year instead of with paper and pencil. It is a learning experience for all.
- There is a 4th and 5th grade geography bee on January 10.
- CARES breakfast is January 9. Teaming with child nutrition has been working very well.
- A district-wide elementary PTC meeting is tentatively planned for May to discuss elementary celebrations.
Treasurer’s Report: Josh Mueller
- 16 of 45 teacher allocations have been paid out.
Box Tops/Milk Moola: Amy Morrill via Angie Carrigan
- Milk Moola has ended their fundraising as of 12/31/18. We have until 3/31/19 to submit any collected labels. Our final submission date will be 3/20/19.
Snack Cart: Lynn Sikkink
- 8 new donations were submitted with 3 of them being full donations. 2 scholarships were given.
- There is a pro-rated rate of $32 now thru the end of the year for any new students wanting snack cart.
- Our balance currently sits around $15,000.
School Store: Nicole Boyles
- The school store will be open Friday, January 10. There will be 3 cashiers instead of 2.
- Questions regarding using funds from last year was discussed and resolved.
- The new water bottles and hair ties are selling well.
DOGS: Josh Keifer
- Pancake breakfast was very successful.
- The next event is Winter Blast on February 1 from 6-8pm.
- Whisper phones are being distributed to teachers.
- A Lego wall has been constructed for the 1st graders and others to use.
- DOGS will partner with PTC in purchasing new water fountains with water bottle fill stations. DOGS will donate $1000 for the water fountains.
Event Coordinators: Angie Caputo and Elizabeth Soucoup
- ESTEM night is coming on January 18 from 6:15-8:00. A sign-up genius will be going out for parent volunteers. $3.00 meal deals will be available.
- Chromebooks or Ipads will be used from the media center.
President/Vice-President: Angie Carrigan
- Carnival planning is underway. New volunteers are needed to learn everything for future years of carnival success.
- FunRun money was discussed.
- A motion for $4000 to be used for new water dispensers was passed.
- A motion for $450 to be used to purchase musical keyboards was also passed.
January 18: ESTEM Night at Glendale from 6:15p.m.-8:00 p.m.
February (all month): I LOVE to Read Month
February 1: DOGS Winter Blast
February 12: PTC Meeting at Glendale 6:30 p.m.
February 27: Spring Picture Day