Glendale PTC Meeting Minutes
November 13, 2018 6:30 PM
Glendale – Mr. Deris’s Room
Attendance:Angie Carrigan, Mrs. Molitor, Shannon Davis, Nicole Boyles, Jenn DuBore, Angie Rolle, Elizabeth Soucoud, Lynn Sikkink, Amy Jones, Melanie Anderson
Minutes Review from 10/9/2018: Reviewed by Shannon Davis
Special Presentation re: flexible seating furniture: Mr. Tom Deris
- Mr. Deris started collecting flexible seating in his classroom 9 years ago and slowly added pieces every year. It is a slow process to see what works best for all children while in their learning environment.
- Mr. Deris will be lending out his flexible seating to all the other classrooms to see what works well in their learning space.
- In mid-January, Mrs. Molitor would like to start ordering small amounts for each classroom with what they have decided works best for them in the trial.
Teachers Report: Mrs. Anderson
- Teachers are ready for conferences
Principal Report: Mrs. Molitor
- Wolf Ridge went well, they had good weather and a good time.
- Last week the school participated in voting day. The kids enjoyed it and everyone did a great job.
- The school has submitted a request for the DOGS to make whisper phones for the classrooms made out of PVC pipe.
- The district stated that they would replace filters for water bottle dispensers if we decide to pay for them to get installed.
- Glendale has started Lakers Learners instead of care agents, and they will consist of 5th grade Glendale students. The Laker Learners will help with the all school meetings and Cares breakfasts.
- Mrs. Molitor discussed the “Lockdown with options”. Drills will be starting soon.
Box Tops/Labels for education/Milk Moola: Amy Morrill
- Submitted a request of many Box Tops which should bring in $757. Typically receive an email confirming receipt along with when we should receive the check.
- Trying to get coupons from BWW as an additional option for Box Tops but each time I call I’m told to call back in two weeks.
Treasurer’s Report: Josh Mueller
- No update
Snack Cart: Lynn Sikkink
- $10 donation- 19 = $190 (up 1 since last month)
- $20 donation – 7 = $140
- $5 donation- 7 = $35
- $63 donation – 27 = $1701
- $63 regular fee- 357 = $22,491 (up 1 since last month)
- GRAND TOTAL = $24,557
- Scholarships- 48 = $3024 unpaid (up 5 since last month)
- Looks like we’re sitting around the balance of $17,820.01 right now.
School Store: Amy Jones/Nicole Boyles
- The school store opened Friday, November 16, 2018 from 9:20 AM-9:45 AM and is located by the office near Glen the salamander.
- 19 fifth grade students will be working Glenmart.
Event Coordinators: Jenn DuBore/Angie Caputo/Angies Rolle
- The sign-up genius for the teacher conference dinner is full.
- Estem night is being organized and there is a coding company that is interested in participating.
DOGS: Josh Kieffer
- Pancake breakfast
President/Vice President: Angie Carrigan and Shannon Davis
- Melanie Anderson was going to inquire about the author status for I Love to Read day. Possible alternatives would be Belinda Jensen from Kare 11 to come in and read one of her books about the weather. She donates her time for reading.
- A motion was made to nominate Elizabeth Soucoud for an Event Coordinator position, the motion was seconded by Shannon Davis, and was passed.
- Fun Run celebration, 22 teacher volunteers for hair painting at next school meeting.
- The Huebener family graciously donated 9 tree stumps for the outdoor classroom learning area. We eventually would like 30 stumps
November 15 3-7: Teacher conference dinners
January 18 6:15-8: PTC ESTEM Night
February: I love to Read Month
February 1: DOGS Winter Blast
February 27: Spring Picture Day
March 14 3-7: PTC Teacher Conf Dinner
March 23 11-3: PTC Carnival
May 31 6:30-8: PTC End of the Year Party
PTC Meetings for 2018/2019
- December 11
- January 8
- February 12
- March 5
- April 9
- May 7