Glendale PTC Minutes
December 10, 2019, 6:30 PM
Glendale Media Center
Attendees: Elizabeth Soucoup, Lynn Sikkink, Melanie Anderson, Angela Kaso, Jennifer Molitor, Angie Carrigan, Angie Caputo, Shannon Heinzelman
Minutes read from prior meeting:Shannon Heinzelman
Teacher’s Report:Mrs. Anderson or Mrs. Metzger
- Thank you for the conference dinner.
- Wolf Ridge went well.
- EStem Day (early release) went well.
- Music teacher, Angela Kaso, made a money request for the MN Opera Residency Program and it was approved. This will take place in class for all grade levels
Principal Report: Mrs. Molitor
- 4th and 5th grade choir concert is Thursday night. They are also singing at Hyvee at 7:45 on Friday morning.
- Glenmart is this Friday
- 5th grade has their speed club
- CARES Breakfast is on the 19th
- Winter Break is coming up. Kids will be back to school on January 2.
- Laker Leaders
- made a video about winter wear and what to wear
- making a CARES video with details on each letter
- they will be presenting at the board meeting in January
- Thank you for putting the bulletin board together
- Everything else is going well
Treasurer’s Report: Josh Mueller
- Zelle related payments are roughly 75% of all reimbursements. Most have been impressed with speed of payment
- Starting 2018/2019 taxes this week with our tax partner, LEWIS, KISCH & ASSOCIATES, LTD. Nothing needed from the board, just letting everyone know
- Teacher allocation payments have slowed – Only 10 of 44 have requested and received reimbursement
- Projected ending cash balance is $29,000, up about $5,000 to budget primarily driven by lower Fun Run Admin expenses and higher Fun Run Revenue
- Current cash balance is $37,000. This is higher than forecast of $29,000 because of unpaid teacher allocation amounts
Box Tops/Labels for Education/Milk Moola: Amy Morrill
- I only get physical Box Tops about 1x a month and there aren’t many.
- The fall check might not come until January. At this time the earnings for 2019 are: $704.70
- If there is anyone interested / able to work on communication about the use / benefits of AmazonSmile that would be appreciated.
Snack Cart: Lynn Sikkink
- No updates
School Store: Nicole Boyles
- We added gift certificates to the Glenmart store in increments of $1, $3 and $5.
- New items have been added, the store is fully stocked and were ready for December shopping days!
Event Coordinators: Angie Caputo/Angie Rolle / Jenn DuBore / Elizabeth Soucoup
- ESTEM update
- January 10 is the new date for EStem night
- most vendors have been booked (6-7 confirmed)
- meeting next week to discuss food options
DOGS: Jeff Kiefer
- Pancake breakfast went really well. Fed about 250 people and I think we raised around $3,000.
President/Vice-President: Angie Carrigan and Elizabeth Soucoup
- Board approved $300 for replenishing recess bags
- Board approved additional $650 in budget for Bare Books
- Discussion of date for Timberwolves email to be sent out
- Date: March 1, 2020
- Time: 2:30pm
- Flyers with more information will be sent to each family about one month in advance.
- Tickets are purchased directly through Timberwolves
- $25 per ticket, Glendale will get a $5 kick back for each ticket sold
Jan. 10: PTC ESTEM Night 6:15-8:00 PM
Jan. 14: PTC Meeting at Glendale 6:30 PM
Feb 7: DOGS Sledding Party
Feb 10: Davanni’s Family Night-2nd grade volunteer night
Feb. 11: PTC Meeting at Glendale 6:30 PM
Feb 26: Spring Pictures
March 9: PTC Meeting at Glendale 6:30 PM
March 9: Davanni’s Family Night-1st grade volunteer night
April 7: PTC Meeting at Glendale 6:30 PM
April 9: Teacher Conferences Dinner
April 13: Davanni’s Family Night-Kindergarten volunteer night
April 18-PTC Carnival 11:00-3:00 PM
May 4-8: Teacher Appreciation Week
May 11: All school Family Fun Night at Davanni’s
May 12: PTC Meeting at Glendale 6:30 PM
June 4: PTC Teacher Luncheon