Glendale PTC Meeting Notes
Date: March 9, 2020 6:30 PM
Location of Meeting: Media Center
Attendees: Angie Carrigan, Lynn Sikkink, Scott Sanborn, Elizabeth Soucoup, Nicole Boyles, Shannon Heinzelman, Jennifer Molitor, Rochelle Metzger
Minutes Read from Prior PTC Mtg: Shannon Heinzelman
Teacher’s Report: Mrs. Anderson or Mrs. Metzger
- No teacher report
- McKenna Crossing (retirement visit) went so well, the staff, residents, teachers, and kids loved it. Mrs. Metzger would recommend doing it yearly or even twice per year.
Principal’s Report: Mrs. Molitor
- Kindness week was a powerful week. The activities the kids did carried into the following week. The kindergartners were so excited when they came back from McKenna Crossing. Older kids put posters up around the school with kind sayings for kids to tear off. Our kindness tree was beautiful. Kindness week rolled throughout the month
- We are getting ready for spring break.
- We will start with MCA testing with grades 3-5 after spring break. We are finding ways to help the kids feel less anxious about the testing, positive notes, tshirts, etc.
- We have a request for May PTC meeting – the past couple years we have had a district wide meeting, so can we switch to May 5?
- This year we will probably still hold the meeting at Glendale but also use that night to welcome new incoming families after the meeting.
Treasurer’s Report: Josh Mueller
- We’re projected to have around $33,000 remaining at the end of the year (before accounting for the big items we’ve been discussing).
- Teacher allocations are almost halfway there. 21 of 44 have received their allocations.
Box Tops: Amy Morrill
- No updates
Snack Cart: Lynn Sikkink
- Remaining Balance: $10,335.85
- Half Year Snack Cart- 2 enrolled (not yet accounted for, so add another $60 to the above total)
- Full Year Snack Cart- 373 enrolled
- Donations (misc $ amts)- 27 enrolled
School Store: Nicole Boyles
- Our last shopping days for the year will be in May.
- The 5th graders would still like to have a shopping day for Kindergarten, 1st and Life Skills if they’re interested.
- I talked with the 5th grade workers about how we can use the money made at Glenmart this year. This is what we discussed at our last Glenmart meeting:
- Order more water bottles Cost approx. $200-250 based on the last time we ordered. 150 water bottles lasted us two school years. I’m getting quotes from Paar Sports and Laker Outfitters so we can order more.
- Save some money to stock the store at the beginning of next year (also keeping in mind do we need to cover the cost of materials for a new Glenmart cabinet next year?)
- Donate a portion – ROCK was discussed as an option…I think we can donate around $500?
DOGS: Scott Sanborn
- We had our last meeting on the 25th and it went extremely well. Our attendance jumped by half.
- We have a poster designed for the display cases.
- We will be moving our monthly meetings to the Wilds Golf Club with possible food and beverage deals. We might also be able to use the golf simulator.
- We are also working with the Wilds to create an all DOGS group event. We need 30 golfers to cover the deposit.
Event Coordinators: Angie Caputo, Angie Rolle, Jenn DuBore, Elizabeth Soucoup
- Planning spring conference teacher lunch – on April 9th – the menu this year is Mexican bowls
- Upcoming teacher appreciation week – in May
President/Vice-President: Angie Carrigan and Elizabeth Soucoup
- 5th grade t-shirt update – we designed shirts for them to wear to the end of year Track & Field Day.
- Lakefront volunteering, selling tickets?
- Community Alliance App – next steps – we have signed the contracts so we are set and ready to promote it.
- Timberwolves game recap – we sold 69 tickets which was lower than we thought it would be. It was a lot of fun. Glendale did get $350 back so worthwhile.
- Folder program – potentially switching to DOGS
- Scott from DOGS has mock up folders and they will find advertising and get it printed on their own.
- Carnival updates – classroom basket themes were sent through seesaw and/or newsletters. Are families seeing this
- May 19th – PTC / DOGS table at Kindergarten orientation night – we will have representation for PTC and DOGS.
April 7: PTC Meeting at Glendale 6:30 PM
April 9: Teacher Conferences Dinner
April 13: Davanni’s Family Night-Kindergarten volunteer night
April 18: PTC Carnival 11:00-3:00 PM
May 4-8: Teacher Appreciation Week
May 11: All school Family Fun Night at Davanni’s
May 5: PTC Meeting location TBD
Community Alliance App – next steps
June 4: PTC Teacher Luncheon
PTC Meetings for 2020:
Tuesday, April 7
Tuesday, May 5