Glendale PTC Meeting Notes
Date: March 11, 2019 6:30 PM
Location of Meeting: Media Center
Attendance: Angie Carrigan, Mrs. Molitor, Mrs. Jerke, Lynn Sikkink, Angie Caputo and Josh Kiefer
Minutes Review from 2/11/19: Angie Carrigan
Teachers Report: Mrs. Jerke
- Field Trips for 3rd grade-Science Museum and Arboretum.
- I love to read month was a great success. The author Kevin Lovegreen was in attendance.
- MCA Testing and Parent Teacher conferences coming up. MCA Testing will be held in the classrooms with students testing with headphones.
- Teachers have requested a “pasta” theme for the provided dinner.
Principal’s Report: Mrs. Molitor
- Mrs. Molitor asked for Parent input for elementary celebrations. Two questions were posed to the group.
1.What ideas do you have celebrating holidays in the elementary schools?
2.Our mission is to educate All Learners to reach their full potential, how would you like to see your student celebrate their learning?
All elementary schools are asking for same input from the PTC. Findings will be discussed at the joint PTC meeting on May 7, 6:00pm at Redtail Elementary.
Treasurer: Josh Mueller
- Still expect to end the year with around $12,000 in the bank
- 22 of 45 teachers have requested and received their allocation
Box Tops: Amy Morrill
- No updates
Snack Cart: Lynn Sikkink
- No updates
School Store: Nicole Boyles and Amy Jones
- Amy and I discussed being open at the end of the year party on May 31. We will ask if the 5th graders can work shifts that evening. It would likely be the last time we’re open for the year.
- Next shopping dates are: March 15 & 22 and April 12 & 19. We have added mini grow pots (daisy and cactus) which we will sell for $1.50.
- We have also reached out to the Life Skills program to see if they would like a special shopping day for their students. That is TBD.
- Money made to date is $825.00
DOGS: Josh Keifer
- No updates
Event Coordinators: Angie Caputo, Angie Rolle, Jenn DuBore, Elizabeth Soucoup
Conferences dinner was discussed
President/Vice President: Angie Carrigan and Shannon Davis
- Carnival update, classroom baskets have been assembled for silent auction. Asked for signup genius for volunteers to be sent out again.
- Question was asked if we Need for childcare at PTC Mtgs?
- Lakefront volunteers signup genus went out to PTC and school staff before going out to the public
PTC Carnival-March 23 11:00-3:00pm
PTC Meeting-April 9, 6:30pm, Glendale Media Center
PTC Teacher Conference Dinner-April 11 3:00-7:00pm
PTC Meeting-May 7, 6:30pm, Glendale Media Center
PTC End of the Year Party-May 31 6:30-8:00pm