Glendale PTC Meeting Notes
Date: February 13, 2018 6:30 PM
Location of Meeting: Glendale Media Center
Attendance: Angie Carrigan, Shannon Davis, Jennifer Molitor, Kassandra Miller, Angie Caputo, Chris Jerke, Lynn Sikknik, Amy Jones, Elizabeth Soucoup, Josh Mueller
Minutes Review from 1/8/19: reviewed by Kassandra Miller
Teachers Report: Mrs. Jerke
- Routines had been off with all the snow days and late starts. Teachers and students are finally getting back to a routine.
- Valentines Day celebrations are scheduled within individual grades and classes.
- I love to read month celebrations are also taking place.
Principal’s Report: Mrs. Molitor
- The ESTEM and DOGS Winter Blast events were both successful.
- MAP Testing was being wrapped up.
- The guest author for kindness day and Valentines Day is coming on February 14.
- Teacher workshop is scheduled on February 18 with Teacher of the Year celebrations happening afterwards at Twin Oaks.
- Laker Leaders has a “Pennies for Patients” project taking place.
Treasurer’s report: Josh Mueller
- 21 of 45 teacher allocations have been paid out.
- Davanni’s and Glenmart are projected to bring in more funds than scheduled.
- The decision to move banks from Klein to US Bank was approved.
Box Tops/Labels for Education/Milk Moola:Amy Morrill via Angie Carrigan
- Milk Moola has ended their fundraising as of 12/31/18. We have until 3/31/19 to submit any collected labels. Our final submission date will be 3/20/19.
Snack Cart: Lynn Sikkink
- No updates
School Store: Amy Jones
- The school store has made $705 so far this year.
- There is a donation jar also which has collected $25.
- The hair ties and water bottles have been selling out.
DOGS: Mrs. Molitor & Josh Mueller
- Winter Blast had a great turnout.
Event Coordinators:Angie Caputo, Elizabeth Soucoup
- ESTEM night went well. The kids liked the bingo card & goodie bags. Pizza and hot dogs were included in the meal deal.
- The next event is carnival in March, followed by conference dinners in April.
President/Vice-President: Angie Carrigan and Shannon Davis
- Carnival planning is going well. Classroom basket information was distributed to students. Angie met with other schools to see how their carnivals went and to collect data to make changes for Glendale as necessary.
March 11 (Monday): PTC meeting Glendale at 6:30 (this is a change; the date was originally scheduled for March 5)
March 23: PTC Carnival from 11:00-3:00
April 9: PTC meeting at Glendale at 6:30
April 11: Teacher Conferences Dinner