Glendale PTC Minutes
August 27, 2019 6:30 PM
Bonfire Restaurant, Savage
Introduction of Board Members
Principal’s Report: Mrs. Molitor
- District Theme: Relationships Matter, You’ve Got a Friend in Me!
- Behavior Matrix will be throughout school.
- Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) flier will go home with families on Wednesday at back to school night. It is a school-wide approach to discipline that creates a safe and effective school.
- New leadership group with Mrs. Molitor and teachers, teachers are as follows: Anne Scheffler, Amanda Mitchell, Kelly Williams, Tom Deris, Julie Donahue, and Sheila Erpenbach.
- Mrs. Molitor has some fun changes this year including a monthly book she has recorded of her reading that will be shared with each class, teachers will have coordinating activities.
- Glendale has added Second Step Curriculum for social and emotional development, each teacher will have a kit.
- 2019/2020 current enrollment 652 children, 26 classrooms
- All school meetings will be at the beginning of the year, the end of the year, and at the end of each quarter. 9/6, 11/6, 1/22, 4/1, and 6/4.
- Important Dates: -Open house Wed. 8/28-Assessments Tues/Wed, Kindergarten will have half days in the classroom-Sept. 18 Rotary meeting (presented with check from Lakefront Music Festival)-Sept. 25 building wide ESTEM Day
Treasurer’s Report: Josh Mueller
- See budget report for specifics
PTC Website: Amy Morrill
- Current site can’t be updated any longer (or updated so the content is readable). The program that was used has reached its end of life.
- Greg Kimmes will be transitioning the content to a new format/site. I will then update the content for the upcoming school year using information provided in the Welcome packet and notes from the first PTC meeting of the year.
- If there are any website requests, let me know ASAP. I will be the contact for Greg.
- Timing of completion is not yet known since this is a recent development.
Box Tops: Amy Morrill
- A new program has been rolled out. Products no longer have a Box Tops to clip but will have a symbol on the product indicating it is eligible for the Box Top program. Parents download an app and scan eligible receipts within 2 weeks of purchase. Expect adoption to be challenging as parents get into a new routine. At this time there is not an incentive/reward for scanning receipts. The company realizes many schools provided an incentive/reward and said they would come back to Box Top Coordinators with ideas.
- The previous program of clipping Box Tops and submitting 25 for an incentive/reward will continue. The big deal with this is Box Tops cannot be expired. There will be fewer and fewer products with Box Tops so this will naturally phase out.
- As of 8/26, Glendale has earned $25.90 via this new program. So other than myself, people have learned about the program and are using it – yay!
Snack Cart: Lynn Sikkink
- Cost is $63, which is $.37 per day. Payable on FeePay.
School Store: Nicole Boyles
- Update on location/times.
- School store will be located in the upper level near the art room, 2 Fridays per month, from 9:25-9:45.
DOGS: Josh Keifer
- DOGS resurfaced the playground blacktop.
Event Reports: Angie Caputo, Angie Rolle, Jenn DuBore, Elizabeth Soucoup
- Teacher luncheon (8/28)
- Back to school night is on Sept 13 – there will be a $3 meal deal.
President/Vice-President: Angie Carrigan and Elizabeth Soucoup
- FunRun Update: Planning is underway! We have the same goal of $30,000. It will be the same format but there will be some new obstacles this year. We will be using the school theme of You’ve Got a Friend in Me. Still discussing incentives, each kid will receive a ticket for the raffles. Some possible fun run goals: more flexible seating furniture, Gaga Ball pit for playground, painting the gym with a PL revamp, handicap accessible picnic tables, new smart boards and speakers, raised garden beds for classrooms to do produce gardening, start saving up for additional playground equipment. Get additional ideas, visions, and needs from teachers. Discussed classroom and grade incentives -> Classroom: PJ and cinnamon roll party, Grade incentive: Silly string party, ALL school celebration: karaoke and freezies
- Timberwolves event: We have reserved a section for a Glendale Night out at a Timberwolves game. Tickets will be around $20-25 per person. A fun way to let the kids and families gather outside of school.
- Spirit Wear: Glendale has a new vendor for spirit wear – we will be using PAAR Sports located in Prior Lake. They will be at Back to School Night and open house. Families can order through a link and pick up locally. paarsports.com
- Request for music microphone stands, $130.88 – Approved!
- Wish list for this year: We approved funding for new chairs for Dawn and Heather. What is on wish list for school and teachers?
- New Landscaping: Former Glendale student was hired to give us new landscaping in front of school.
Aug. 28: Glendale Open House 3:30-5:30 PM
Sept. 5: First Day of School (K-5)
Sept. 10: PTC Meeting at Glendale 6:30 PM
Sept. 13: PTC Back to School Night 6:15-8:00 PM
Sept. 13: Fun Run Kick-off (At the all school meeting)
Sept. 19: DOGS Meeting at Tin Shed, 7:00PM
Sept. 20: Picture Day
Sept 25: ESTEM Day
Oct. 4: DOGS Tailgate Party for Homecoming at PLHS
Oct. 8: PTC Meeting at Glendale 6:30 PM
Oct. 11: Glendale Fun Run
Oct 14: Davanni’s Family Night-5th grade volunteer night
Oct. 22: DOGS Meeting at Tin Shed, 7:00PM
Oct. 25: Picture Retakes
Nov. 5: PTC Meeting at Glendale 6:30 PM
Nov. 11: Davanni’s Family Night-4th grade volunteer night
Nov. 14: Teacher Conferences Dinner 3:00-7:00pm
Dec 9: Davanni’s Family Night-3rd grade volunteer night
Dec. 10: PTC Meeting at Glendale 6:30 PM
Jan. 14: PTC Meeting at Glendale 6:30 PM
Jan. 17: PTC ESTEM Night 6:15-8:00 PM
Feb 7: DOGS Sledding Party
Feb 10: Davanni’s Family Night-2nd grade volunteer night
Feb. 11: PTC Meeting at Glendale 6:30 PM
Feb 26: Spring Pictures
March 9: PTC Meeting at Glendale 6:30 PM
March 9: Davanni’s Family Night-1st grade volunteer night
April 7: PTC Meeting at Glendale 6:30 PM
April 9: Teacher Conferences Dinner
April 13: Davanni’s Family Night-Kindergarten volunteer night
April 18: PTC Carnival 11:00-3:00 PM
May 4-8: Teacher Appreciation Week
May 11: All school Family Fun Night at Davanni’s
May 12: PTC Meeting at Glendale 6:30 PM
June 4: PTC Teacher Luncheon
PTC Meetings for 2019/2020:
Tuesday, Sept. 10
Tuesday, Oct. 8
Tuesday, Nov. 5
Tuesday, Dec. 10
Tuesday, Jan. 14
Tuesday, Feb. 11
Monday, March 9
Tuesday, April 7
Tuesday, May 12